Audacity® is free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds.
September 29, 2014: Audacity 2.0.6 Released
Audacity 2.0.6 replaces all previous versions.
- better user interface for Keyboard Preferences
- streamlining of several Menus
- LV2 now supported on all platforms, and improved VST settings interface
- translations updated, including adding Tamil language
- other improvements, including to import/export and ease of installation on Mac OS X
- user interface bug fixes to Region Restore, dragging selections, and many others
- effects bug fixes to add missing effects to Chains, fix accuracy of Analyze > Contrast, fix accuracy of Noise Removal attack and decay, and improve speed of Nyquist effects on OS X and Linux
- other bug fixes to Timeline after Loop Play, Transcription Toolbar, and Linux build issues
New Forum: We are also very happy to announce a new Forum, Special Interest Groups (a result of discussions at AU14), with subforums for Education, Audiobooks, Audio Technology, Making Music, and Podcasting.
July 14, 2014: Audacity Unconference (AU14) Update
The first-ever Audacity Unconference (AU14) was a great success. Everyone remarked how informative, convivial, and energizing it was. We had excellent tutorials about amazing things that can be done with Audacity, as well as hints at astonishng progress on major new features and capabilites to come. See What happened at AU14 for an overview and links to details, including videos.